Sunday, February 22, 2009

Been 25 Days

Well this has been the most successful 25 days in our lives when it comes to health. Joe and I are doing great. Got up this morning and weighed. Joe is down to 312 and I am a happy 154. That means Joe has lost 44 pounds already! (12.36 %) That is an average of 1.75 pounds a day! And I have lost 30 pounds (16.30%) and am down 1.2 pounds a day! We have gone out to eat with friends. We have had steak, fish, pork, shrimp, tuna, salmon etc and tonight I am making spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash (sausage and all). Joe has reduced his diabetic pills in half! I don't epect our weight to keep dropping this fast but I will keep you all posted. We are late night dessert freaks so we have been having Sugar free Jello about every other night. We decided to buy the pre packaged so we would not over eat it. We also have been eating Gen-Soy chips. I buy a bag, and put half of one of their servings in snack bags. That way we know exactly how much is going in our mouthes and we are not tempted to cheat. This is the equivalet of 1 medifast chip bag. I think the soups are ok but I like to spice them up a notch. Basil and hot pepper flakesin the tomato, hot bepper flakes in the wild rice and some fresh ground pepper. As Emeril would say, we like to kick them up a notch. I love adding a couple of drops of peppermint to the chocolate shake. The vanilla shake is marvelous with 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1 tablespoon sugar free butterscotch (the pudding is good this way too). Play with the food! Make it yours! Again thank you Lori Portugal.

No comments:

Post a Comment